• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS2

cosmic dave

Guest Kheldar

With no scope there is no need for me to tolerate a tent and sleeping bag, so I may come for the social element but cheat and book and B&B somewhere close by. As luck would have it, Emma wants to go on a horse holiday that very same weekend and the place happens to be a mile from the camp site... result!

I'll know closer the time.

I might even have me a little grab'n'go by then.  :ph34r:

Part timer :rolleyes:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• Sheila

• Daz Type-R

• RonC

Muahaha :D

You'll be insanely jealous that I have a cosey bed to go to. ;)

Guest Kheldar

Muahaha :D

You'll be insanely jealous that I have a cosey bed to go to. ;)

I'm going to be too drunk to care?!

I'm going to be too drunk to care?!

I recall last time you weren't, Noel and Sheila were showing you what heavyweight drinking really is. :P

et tu Brutus? After Kelling and SGL you're going to try and pull that one? :o

yup :thumbsup:

Guest Adz_88

Hi there is there still room at the campsite and can any one tag along never been to a starparry would be good to go and meet some people and learn a lot

Yup - loads of room as far as we know. The campsite takes all the bookings independently so all you have to do is phone them up and make a reservation specifying if you want to pitch a tent, caravan, ehu etc. Just tell them you are with EMS2 astronomy group and you'll get our preferential rate. Don't forget they take normal camper bookings too but our area is to one end of the site. Be good to see you there Adam. :)

Cheers bro I can't wait do the guys bring other halfs with them ?

some do as their significant others are interested in Astro.  Some definitely do not as they like to escape :lol:    could be a little much if they are not interested at all ..... but is entirely up to you.

Sheila

Hi there is there still room at the campsite and can any one tag along never been to a starparry would be good to go and meet some people and learn a lot

We have loads of room on the site and the starparty is open to everyone lets hope for some clear skies like last year. Its a very dark site.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ben72

looking to book a pitch tomorrow, if any are still free,(fri and sat night).

will be my 1st EMS party (though i have been to kelling the last two times,oct2012,april2013,red pitch), so looking forward to meeting other members.

edit.. pitch booked.

Edited by ben72

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we are getting quite a few people booked up for this. Looking forward to meeting you all guys.

I am off on saturday 7th, but i don't like tenting, and don't have a tent. I will have a think.

James

Is anybody going to be there around Thursday lunch time, I need assistance in erecting Morgan Manor?

Guest Kheldar

I'll probably turn up about that time and can give you a hand Daz.

Talking of tents, I still need to buy one :lol:

If you want to rough it I have a two man pop up (no jokes) you can use / have

Just a quick update guys, Paul Money will be giving us his talk in the Creek Tavern in anderby creek on sat afternoon the 7th of sept everyone attending ems2 will have free access to his lecture. I have eaten in the pub before and found it very reasonable if you fancy a bite to eat or drink whilst your at the starparty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.