• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Waiting for an Orion 9x50 RACI, picked up from astronomy buy and sell.

They at great,no more neck sprain! I got mine a couple of weeks ago and would never go back!

Bahtinov mask for my Mak & seriously considering ebaying my panasonic fz38 to part fund a canon d1000. Let us know how you get on with your new one Ron!

Also ordered a mask Dan, got one for my 200PDS now ordered a 80mm for the Frac.

So far so good on the Canon, not a lot different from the Pentax Kx I'm selling on Ebay!! But need a clear night to test!!

My Lacerta 1:10 microfocuser skywatcher upgrade has arrived :) Am gonna fit it tonight. Thanks again Martyn for the heads up about these :)

Got my Canon remote release and another base to put my Rigel Quickfinder on my Starwave 80ED as well as my 200PDS!

First light over the weekend Mick, seems strange Summer migrants will soon be here!

First light over the weekend Mick, seems strange Summer migrants will soon be here!

Now that is service, bought from Rother Valley Optics on Thursday at 13.00 and arrived by courrier on Friday at 13.00.

Guest Fluke

Now that is service, bought from Rother Valley Optics on Thursday at 13.00 and arrived by courrier on Friday at 13.00.

At that price I'd want it hand delivered too lol ;)

Guest Fluke

My birthdays coming up in May Mick and I fancy asking for a light weight pair for spotting. Can you recommend a good budget pair at around £50-60?

Do gifts count?.... if so: Today I recieved: Telrad Reflex, TL@O ed4, Red LED Tourch and Sir Patric Moore's Tearbook of Astronomy 2012.

Dan, I think bins are like ep's, some suit some don't. Go to a shop and try some outside, it's the only way!

I like the Bushnell H2O ones, a little more at £80 but very good quality, built well, smooth focuser and only a little fringing around brighter objects. Only problem is they do suffer from fuzziness at the edges.

But for £80 a good pair of binoculars I have the 8x42 ones.

Guest Kheldar

Starwave 80ED + reducer + M48-ring (well order/reservation in ....) :D

One of these days I will "settle" on a load out :)

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Fluke
I like the Bushnell H2O ones, a little more at £80 but very good quality, built well, smooth focuser and only a little fringing around brighter objects. Only problem is they do suffer from fuzziness at the edges.

But for £80 a good pair of binoculars I have the 8x42 ones.

Thanks Mick I'll check them out

A cheap torch and some red nail-polish!! I forgot my red light stuff for the Lincs meet at Gib Point!! ha ha

Guest Kheldar

T2 inverter (0mm optical length,) T2 variable extension (12-16mm) and if Bern ever replies an M48 female to T2 male (1mm optical length) adaptor.

I can see the Atik being a bugger to space correctly so I'm armed and ready!

I spoke to Bern yesterday Stephen - give him a bell :)

I just ordered a 9.25 bhatinov mask and changed a faulty 2ch controller for a Digifire 7 and finally sourced a 2" telrad riser which had doubled in price due to scarcity.