• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

thats the reason I was trying for corner

to stop bark wars

Does yours bark too, or does Elroys reputation precede him?  :blush:  (ASBO sign needed) 

yes they do

The furthest points apart is defo the best way, or we'd have a choir lol, or maybe those barking wars is a better description!  I'll stay in the trees, in the Elroy safety zone lol.

The site has said if we book the twenty pitches with EHU's, or close to it, we have the entire site and they will close it to anyone other than us. We are half way there.

Studfold are very enthusiastic about this and are looking if things work out, they are looking to make this an annual event. Again we would be able to control things and they would not let any muggles on. This would lead to the site blacking out the whole site other than real safety issues.

Have both the pods gone?

I think 1 has been taken Allan, best check at time of booking as I can only go by what people have told me they have booked.

I'm booked in on 26 from Friday till Monday. Only 7 others have booked so far we need more to get the field to ourselves.

FYI,

Bookings only by PayPal or cheque. No card payments over the phone.

I think 1 has been taken Allan, best check at time of booking as I can only go by what people have told me they have booked.

Thanks Daz

yeah being lazy with camping option. I wouldn't want to take one if Doc needed it,  I know you've mentioned that due to medical conditions both Doc and Phil would be best in these Pods and could be the difference in whether they go and I see Phil's booked one already I would want to take it and stop Doc going :blush:  

Just working on wife to see if I can go she's a bit miffed i'm going to Kelling for the best part of a week 

Just working on wife to see if I can go she's a bit miffed i'm going to Kelling for the best part of a week 

and they moan about us being under their feet

I have booked pitch 27

Stephen

Nice one, glad you can make it, not seen you since SGL 10.

Yes Allan Ive booked Pod 2.

I am camping in the van for Kelling cos Im there for a week and once Im set up I can recover.

However, 2 day events like this ones going to be for me is too much, therefore the pods are a godsend, flippin expensive though, but if its the choice between my going and not going Im willing to spend the extra on the pod. 

I only managed SGL this year because I was able to book a pod.

Yes Allan Ive booked Pod 2.

I am camping in the van for Kelling cos Im there for a week and once Im set up I can recover.

However, 2 day events like this ones going to be for me is too much, therefore the pods are a godsend, flippin expensive though, but if its the choice between my going and not going Im willing to spend the extra on the pod. 

I only managed SGL this year because I was able to book a pod.

Thats good you're going Phil, Daz mentioned that Doc ( if he went) would need a pod, I don't want to book the last one and stop him going. I'll have to wait, I'm also waiting on Damian to see if he wants to go half on a pod saving a bit.

I'll PM Doc and see if he wants that last Pod ( still need to ask the missus if I can go lol) 

I'll try and contact Doc and let him know, he away at the moment and hasn't been on since the weekend. I'll let you know Allan.

• Like 1

Guest Nightfisher

Phil tipped me of for this event and its not to far from home, so i might be up for Saturday and Sunday night in tent EHU a must and my partner Claire with me.

I need to see if i can book the monday of work, will get back to you guys 

Guest Nightfisher

It would be nice to see you Jules, what refractor would you be thinking of taking?

TAL 100Rs.............of course

Guest Nightfisher

Hey nice one Jules. Just dont bring that awful Russian scope :-) :-)

Cheeky git  :D you know its the best 4" achro in the land

On a more serious note i am having second thoughts about booking up having seen how the weather can destroy a star party before its started, looks like my do at ingleton is set to be a wash out

Cheeky git  :D you know its the best 4" achro in the land

On a more serious note i am having second thoughts about booking up having seen how the weather can destroy a star party before its started, looks like my do at ingleton is set to be a wash out

I wouldn't say it destroys a party Jules.  :huh:

Part of a star party is the social side, you get to meet and mingle with a group of people who share a similar hobby, it gets you away for the weekend, spend time with family and friends, and hopefully have a good time.

Granted we are there to star gaze primarily but in this country, if we didn't at least try, we would always find an excuse not to go, the weather, the traffic, the weather......

So come on, book a couple days, who knows, the weather may even play ball and it could be fantastic, It's going to take me 3 hours to get there, I must be bonkers!!!!

Guest Nightfisher

I wouldn't say it destroys a party Jules.  :huh:

Part of a star party is the social side, you get to meet and mingle with a group of people who share a similar hobby, it gets you away for the weekend, spend time with family and friends, and hopefully have a good time.

Granted we are there to star gaze primarily but in this country, if we didn't at least try, we would always find an excuse not to go, the weather, the traffic, the weather......

So come on, book a couple days, who knows, the weather may even play ball and it could be fantastic, It's going to take me 3 hours to get there, I must be bonkers!!!!

I know just what your saying, they are great for the social aspect, i guess im just a little miffed the forcasters are saying up to 30mm of rain in a couple of hours early sunday morning...............blumming orrid nasty unreliable stupid silly annoying rubbish weather (rant over)

will give it some proper thought