• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

Which Sunday??

The Sunday we are there?

You cant trust the weather people, they cant predict yesterdays weather!

:lol:

I think Jules is on about this Sunday coming. There's no way the mess office could predict that for October.

It ones of those chances that we take. But when it's good, it is a chance to see stuff I would never see from round here.

I'll second that, last week at Anderby I had 2 poor nights but good fun and company and one really good clear night till 3am which made it all worthwhile !! ;):)

Cheers

Ron

@ Allan, I haven't had any reply back from Doc yet, but will let you know.

No worries Marytn, Daz has saved me a place on the field with EHU until Doc gets in contact but thank you for the heads up

Working on Lewis, he is considering it :)  One problem though, my tent is HUGE. It's nicknamed Moonbase lol. According to the web the size of the tent is 7mtrs x  8.25mtrs, the pitch size is 10x10mtrs so no space left for anything else lol. If I can get another tent I will, but pennies are low atm. This is my tent lol:

Tent_zpskinxkydl.jpg

Nice tent / moon base you got there Nicky.

I`m not sure what other room you will need, cars can be left in the car park, on a spare pitch (if we get the whole site) or I`m sure there will be space somewhere.

Scope lives outside, I would say at that size, your getting your moneys worth from the pitch!

Hope you can make it.

Thanks :D  If I take this tent i'm sure I could get most of you in it lol. It's 12 man plus the middle living area. Here's my vid of it, a good few years old now. Kids are tiny in the vid.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SyVVIXV7l0

Ha ha, we have very similar camping stuff, from the carpets to the cooker etc, we even have wardrobes and cupboards when the family go.

:facepalm:

When on my own I take a little 4 man, does perfect for just me but up at EMS 4 i`m dragging the tin snail.

Oh yes we also have a wardrobe/heater/kitchen unit/toilet/fridge etc etc etc lol ultimate glamping!

Just got confirmation of holiday request through, I will be booking later.

Wondered why you weren't on the list.

@ Allan, I haven't had any reply back from Doc yet, but will let you know.

I have had communucation with Doc.

He wants the remaining pod.

I am awaiting further clarification about what nights he wants and will check back here later.

Edited by Tweedledee

I have had communucation with Doc.

He wants the remaining pod.

I am awaiting further clarification about what nights he wants and will check back here later.

No problem would rather Doc goes I'll book the pitch that Daz has saved me ( well still need to confirm with wife I'm going ) If get too cold I will be bunking in with Doc as I did let him have first Dibs on the Pod  :lol:  :lol:

Awesome, I am going, got the final nod of approval on the holiday request and have booked on 13.  :frantic:  :frantic:

Since Doc has no internet access at the moment, he asked me to book him into the remaining pod Friday 9th, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th.

It seems someone has booked it for the Friday and Saturday nights.

Do we know if an EMS member has booked this?

I have this out of hours number 01423 755228, but no answer as yet, so have asked them to call me. Having organised this, they will probably be more likely to give you the details than me Martyn.

Im pod 2 friday and saturday, have they got it mixed up?

On checking availabilty, there are no pods available Friday and Saturday nights.

In my original email, I did ask if they could provisionally reserve the pods for Phil and Mick. I didn't know that they had though.

I'll find out when I get a reply.