• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

Lol mine can easily sleep 12 people in the 4 bedrooms (3 in each) plus many more in the living room part, then I still have the front and back porch areas to store kit. It's a big one.

I need a dry day to have it out and check it's ok...not seen the light of day for a few years but it's dry stored so should be good

Edit: Is there a starparty kit rundown of what's needed/required? (I have the camping bit sorted)

Edited by Celeste

Well........pretty much all your camping kit, with more warm cloths and bedding chucked in, just in case you need it. Eye mask so you can sleep in the daytime, not unless the tent gets too hot.

Then all your astro gear. + Red lights.

Thanks, no haven't yet made it to one. Something or another got in the way so this year there better not be any lorry fires! Eyeballing the link, that's what I needed  :thumbsup:

warm gear twice as much as you think you need red screens for computers

don't forget something to insulate you from the floor

red lights in tents(its surprising how much light shines through a tent)

covers and red tape for car lights if you cannot turn them off

batteries spare batteries

I hope your tent holds out and you can make it. I'll be there and will help with getting the planning permission to put it up. :lol:

I hope your tent holds out and you can make it. I'll be there and will help with getting the planning permission to put it up. :lol:

:2thumbsup:

So far I only need a red light for the tent, my car interior lights can be turned off, although the indicators flash when locking/unlocking. Hopefully I won't need to go in the car after dark. We have both camp beds and airbeds...will see which we prefer. Plenty of sleeping bags etc carpets for the bedroom floors and carpet for the living area. I also have a tea urn so hot water on tap :P Plenty of warm clothing, a fan heater and cooking kit etc. Or we could live off pot noodles and jaffa cakes  :lol: it's only a weekend. The less campkit I take the more room for the scopes etc ;) I have 2 sheets of red acetate for lappy, ooooh I need some more red lights for outside I only have head torches atm. Erm.....i'm sure there will be something else lol

I brought a couple of these lamps for my tent. They are red light on first press, must of been designed by an astronomer, i highly recommend http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bl-dynamo-id_8331138.html

Thanks for the link :) I know I have an actual light bulb on a plug somewhere in my shed/s....I just need a red bulb and i'm off. Wonder how many funny looks I will get buying a red bulb tehehe :lol: Might have to order anon over the net  :P If I remember I did buy one of those fireglow ones (is it?) After Kim told me about them, I might still have it....somewhere. My house is like the bermuda triangle  :huh: 

Fireglow ones are ok but they are very BRIGHT!!!!! I know I used to use one. I now use a 40w red bulb in an inspection lamp.

Very true Phil and the red comes off quite quickly

a bit like this

Warning about language

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8aAy_8Ub4

:D :D :D :D

Edited by Ibbo