• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

OK, thats sorted.  So Pod 1 has not been booked out to an artic explorer from the 1900's, a mistake made by the campsite, it should have been booked out by Mr Shakleton for the following weekend.

:thumbsup:

So Mick has been in touch and is getting Pod 1 either today or tomorow, I have provisionally booked him in for Pod 1.

So to clarify - all the pods are now booked.

We still have plenty of space, Allan, are you having Pitch 15 and any word if Damien is coming?

Thanks all.

:)

I saw him at that kirk hallam event. He's still Astroing, but darkside. I'm sure he said he was coming to kelling.

Have offered Damian to share my tent but he says he's busy that weekend I'm afarid I'm still working on my wife for a pass ( teach me to tease you Daz last month lol)

Since I'm in southend sorting my wife's mothers home since she'd passed away and I'm doing all the heavy lifting I need to pick my moment I've already broached the subject of going away again and it didn't go down very well

Leave it with me should have an answer this weekend ,

Edited by Allan the Plumber

I am sorry to hear about your Mum Allan. My deepest sympathies. Unfortunately this is where the real work begins, God only knows what we will have to do with Dad's gaff, it will seriously take skips to clear it.

Mind you my kids will have uphill battle as well, they won't have a clue as to what half of my rammel is.

• Like 1

Martyn, Doc has texted me and asked me to relay his thanks to you for reserving Pod 1 for him.

As soon as he manages to get a decent signal again, he will phone them to book it for three nights, 9th, 10th and 11th October.

I have spoken to the campsite tonight and got them to amend his reservation from two nights to three.

Sorted :thumbsup:

Where is he Pete??

Tiny village in the Pennines about 30 miles from Newcastle. On the light pollution maps it is as dark and secluded as the EMS 4 site. I bet he has his Swarovskis even if he hasn't taken a his scope.

Back home from a great week away.

Sorry but I have had hardly any internet or phone coverage.

I have booked the pod from Friday 8th to Sunday 11th October.

Off to unpack now.

Sadly I'm currently a no unless SWMBO can swap a shift with somebody else. I theoretically could possibly make Friday night but even that will be tight, if it had been okay for Saturday night too I would have made it for both nights but sadly at the minute that won't be happening. Hope it all turns out good, and as long as we decide early enough for next year I should be okay as she can book her leave to cover that in advance.

Sorry Mike. If this goes well, then we can certainly get the dates up earlier in the year. Hopefully this site will be just what we need and we can form a working relationship with them.

Sadly I'm currently a no unless SWMBO can swap a shift with somebody else. I theoretically could possibly make Friday night but even that will be tight, if it had been okay for Saturday night too I would have made it for both nights but sadly at the minute that won't be happening. Hope it all turns out good, and as long as we decide early enough for next year I should be okay as she can book her leave to cover that in advance.

What a shame Mike.

That's a shame Mike, it was a bit rushed but hopefully we will have it all sorted this year and we will book it very early next year .

You know you want to take the Duke for a drive even if it's just for the night. One of us will have enough room for you to get a couple of hours kip.

So are we just keeping this to ourselves or advertising it elsewhere? Would be nice to get the other pitches filled up.

That's not a bad idea Andy. If we do go down that route, I suggest we leave it a little while longer so EMS members get first dibs.

If we are able to fill the twenty pitches with EHU's, then it would be very unlikely anyone camping in October would want just a plain pitch. Even if they did, I think they would want to be out of our way and would more than likely be in the other field as well.

We would be looking to fill these pitches, so we may well open it up, but would retain full control on who would be able to attend. We are discussing ways of doing this, so if you have any ideas, then please pm me.

What about members of the local (to that area) astronomy club??

Nice thinking Ron. And those we have boards for. Keep it localish and see what develops.

Would invitation only be a bit pretentious?

Edited by tuckstar