• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

SGL might be too big and just swamp us, don't forget that there are only eight pitches left with power. We will keep it local, and I will have a chat with Andy about the Ilkeston bunch joining us. It amazes me that the Yorkshire Astro socs don't do this, well not to my knowledge, they have amazing skies up there.

The only criteria I would want is to keep control of the booking as we have been doing. By opening it up then we might not keep that control.

If any of the East Lincs members want to come, then it goes without saying that they would be very welcome. In fact, I don't know why I said it!  :P

Andy will ask the Ilkeston guys if they would be interested, they will be on the Yellow field at Kelling, so hopefully can have a chat with them there.

Martyn, have put the offer of a pitch to the ELAC members and will let you know if there are any takers.. :)

Thanks Ron. I would hope that they understand that they would have been able to join in anyway. I know you have your own society, but you are still an integral part of EMS

hi guys been given red light to go yahhh is my pitch held still available? 

hi guys been given red light to go yahhh is my pitch held still available?

The red light to go, does that mean she said no but your Coming anyway? ☺

No sorry should of said green light doh :blush:  :facepalm:

Booking confirmed Pitch 15 (505559)  8th Oct to Monday 12th  :D

• Like 2

Nice one Allan. :)

you don't know what ive had to do to get this time away from work I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice :lol:  :D  :D  

He he, It will be good to see you, I haven't seen you in ages.

couple of weeks see you at Kelling Martyn  :D

Any more?

We have 13 confirmed places booked so far, anybody else fancy a few days away?

I have a friend from Scotland who should be booking in over the next couple of days. I'll let you know which pitch. And I still have the ilson lot to ask yet as well.

Tried sending a PM to Tom (Tesler) but a message says he can't receive PM's ? Does that mean his message box is full or what?? It's not so far for him to travel if  he wants too?

Cheers

Ron

Tried sending a PM to Tom (Tesler) but a message says he can't receive PM's ? Does that mean his message box is full or what?? It's not so far for him to travel if  he wants too?

Cheers

Ron

I have managed to PM him Ron, I may have the ability to PM someone even though their inbox is full, he has said he will take a look.

Good thinking Ron, nice one!

Thanks Ron I've deleted some messages hopefully the pm problem is sorted will check dates and confirm

Nice one Tom, hope you can make it.

I went and had a practice with the new tent on a local park yesterday. It's nice, but a bit smaller than I imagined, mostly caused by the walls tapering in.

In it's favour, it's dead easy to pitch, and there may be a porch on the way for it. This will increase the storage space available for it. How the heck they reckon that five people can sleep in it is beyond me. Maybe there's a mezzanine floor kit for it, or you just have to be real good friends.  :blush: