• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

I think I will go with the Williams diagonal and put up with the W being E etc. If it's a brighter that's got to be a plus! Let me know how you get on Dan?

Will do Ron. I'm only really doing lunar & planetary obs at the mo so I dont mind losing a little bit of light if it means I find objects quicker.

I wont be getting rid of the original SW diagonal so my plan is to swap between the two :)

Guest Kheldar

JSL 2" Autocollimator from scopestuff in the states. $39 seems like a bargain to me :)

Bargains are bargains for a reason! This is a shockingly bad quality item. It does not give repeatable results (more's the point I can't get a result to repeat!)

However, as I didn't have a 2" sight tube, I can remove the foil quality mirror and use it as such :D

Saving for a Catseye again unless Dions "thing" comes to light :)

Finally sorted a 1" to 1.25" adapter ring and some weird zoom eye piece from astroboot, probably/definitely not the best, but is was good value and it's a start, it's better than having next to none, lol.

Woohoooo Congrats Ron - that's gotta be the Altair - verrryyyy nice :)

Let me know if you do have sell the Mak - I may have a buyer for you.

Just bought a Starwave 80mm ED refractor !! Might just have a SW MAK127 to sell now!!

Very nice Ron! I have been looking at that scope and the William optics zenith star 80 ED MK II as wanted a smaller setup for grab and go and for future use for imaging (I'm resigned to the fact that I will want to do it at some point!! Lol) Also the missus would like to just do visual stuff but doesn't like how big the Dob is!

Would be very interested to see how you get on with and what you think of the starwave. Seems like an amazing price,almost too good to be true! :)

Felix

Haha! That's just the same logic we applied Felix - eventually it extends to one for him, one for her, and one that does the imaging automatically while you both enjoy observing with your own toys. The reality is - you end up with loads of scopes and cameras and still only ever use one at a time between two of you lol. I think that Altair 80 is an appo doublet right? :)

looking to get one too Ron, let us know what it`s like with added pics, interested in the box it comes in also, looked at these with intent at the astrofest while poor old Nick was waiting patiently for me to make up my mind, but was torn between the ian king offering and the starwave, but having done alittle online research since i think the starwave is the better buy with the 3" focusser.

you`ll be impressed with the scope i`m sure.

and yes it Kim the 80 is a apo doublet with the same lens as the ian king offering

The ADM Dual Mount Upgrade has arrived :wub: woah is it big though :blink:

Also now in the building is the Telrad I don't know I'm getting off SWMBO for my B'day ;) She's been on nights so is fast asleep and will be confused, do you think I can convince her it's March already??

Just pinch the Telrad and leave her with the empty box!

A nice plan, but I think she might notice, she's not as dumb as I give her credit for :lol:

Ok Felix and Rob, will let you know all about it when I get it, had an email from the courier this afternoon so might well have a busy weekend (weather permitting)

I will need a 2" diagonal I think as well and hopefully adapt a RDF to fit.

Guest Kheldar

Its a z66 douplet, its my finder lol

That's just showing off that is :)

Ordered a Hitech EQDIR yesterday seeing as FLO were clearing them out. I was going to go the DIY approach, but for £25, sod it :D

Also purchased Alignmaster, who needs polarscopes?

Edited by Kheldar

Finally got hold of one of those phillips webcams!

/>http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/webcam_Astro_Imaging_Kit.html

Not cheap but I've been trying to get one without any luck for weeks.

Green laser pointer :) the missus can never see the star I am pointing to! Hopefully this will remedy the situation :)