• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Got my scope!! Starwave 80mm Ed refractor. Posted a quick first light report and put some photo's in my gallery!

Just ordered a WO Diagonal for new scope!

And, received my Baader collimator which looks the business!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest BigTfromNotts

Hi Ron

I used my Baader Collimater for the first time today, surprising how easy it was for me. It took me around 20 minutes, but I do not think that is bad, I have never collimated before. I just hope the collimater was collimated. :)

It is a very nice piece of kit.

Cheers

Tony

do you get the 2" version Ron, i have one and they are very nice and better quality than the standard offerings, i did a little test in day light with a celestron 1.25" and a william optics 1.25" and the williams shows a brighter image,

I ordered the 1.25" model, mainly because all my EP's are 1.25" ( and it's half the price of a 2", bearing in mind I've just bought the 80ED scope!)

Hi Ron

I used my Baader Collimater for the first time today, surprising how easy it was for me. It took me around 20 minutes, but I do not think that is bad, I have never collimated before. I just hope the collimater was collimated.

It is a very nice piece of kit.

Cheers

Tony

Who collimates the collimators???

Guest Kheldar

Who collimates the collimators???

They are technically collimated in factory, however in practice you will need to collimate your own once a month or two.

It's no more difficult that collimating the secondary :)

Of course if you buy a Hotech, you pretty much expect it to be collimated out the box. One of the perks of buying it.

Just checked the Badder for collimation, spot on (at the moment!) Certainly better than the cheaper laser Colly I have!

Just got ed 4 of 'Turn Left at Orion', its a definte improvement on ed3,much more info on the Moon, Planets and 'Dob' views, recommended to buy!

Dropped a clanger!! received a 2" 2xBarlow wanted a 1.25" 2xBarlow, oops! Think I can use it on my 200PDS, just need a clear night to test first!!

Dropped a clanger!! received a 2" 2xBarlow wanted a 1.25" 2xBarlow, oops! Think I can use it on my 200PDS, just need a clear night to test first!!

Send it back Ron lol!

It's an Altair ED 2x Barlow but 2" not 1.25" . It's 12cm long!! It also has a 1.25" adaptor fitted.

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest Kheldar

Celestron X-Cel LX 7mm (only one more to go to complete the collection I want!)

D-Link USB Hub (with USB-B port for PC) and a bunch of short cables to keep all the USB stuff on mount with one long fly lead to PC.

Still debating how to resolve the power situation ...

Just ordered the Lacerta 1:10 Micro focuser upgrade for Skywatcher Newtonians. Can't wait for that to arrive :)

Nice! This is definitely on my to buy list, let us know how you get on with it.

Just ordered the Lacerta 1:10 Micro focuser upgrade for Skywatcher Newtonians. Can't wait for that to arrive :)

Nice! This is definitely on my to buy list, let us know how you get on with it.

Nice! This is definitely on my to buy list, let us know how you get on with it. Nice! This is definitely on my to buy list, let us know how you get on with it.

Will do. Martyn put me on to it-he has written a really good guide on how to install it also :)

I wish lol ...... :)

It's a good buy for a newbie doing their firt ep upgrade though - better than anything in an eyepiece kit, 5 in 1, camera friendly T-adaptor thread, 2" adaptor, takes filters, adjutable eye guard, dead clear and contrasty, no internal reflections, and does the job very nicely at only £30-£40 more than the popular kits at £165'ish new (or get the Mk2 s/h around £100). Total bargain imho :)

Just ordered a 2" riser for the Telrad, Lacerta D/S focuser upgrade, split ring secondary dew heater, all for the 300P, two channel Kendrick controller, 9.25" Kendrick dew band for the Sct, and mini guider focuser for the 115EDT. :)

Just ordered a 2" riser for the Telrad, Lacerta D/S focuser upgrade, split ring secondary dew heater, all for the 300P, two channel Kendrick controller, 9.25" Kendrick dew band for the Sct, and mini guider focuser for the 115EDT.

Been on a shopping spree Kim?! Good stuff. I'm awaiting delivery of my lacerta focuser upgrade, can't wait!