• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

My Cheshire arrived today, and highlighted the fact that the focuser was quite a way off. Still, nice piece of metal for my collection of scope bits n bobs B)

I dont quite follow that, what did you verify about the focuser with the Cheshire?

The crosshair was nowhere near lined up with the centre line of the focuser, or at least where it should be. All sorted now though. Yes I know it might not be as accurate as a laser for aligning the focuser, but with a bit of applied physics and comon sense you can use it quite easily for this purpose.

Guest Kheldar

The crosshair was nowhere near lined up with the centre line of the focuser, or at least where it should be. All sorted now though. Yes I know it might not be as accurate as a laser for aligning the focuser, but with a bit of applied physics and comon sense you can use it quite easily for this purpose.

Ah I understand now :)

As promised, here is it :-

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcvHOHwg1j4

That's awesome :)

My BST Explorer ED 8mm has arrived :wub:

What a super looking piece of kit! And great service from Alan, I can see I will be needing more of these later. ;)

Edited by Perkil8r

521ed541-062f-fd6c.jpg

Yes!! Hyperion zoom eyepiece and Orion RACI 9x50 Finder scope both arrived today :). Of course the weather is pants! Is currently trying to snow in Leicester!

Edited by catman161

15mm BST ordered from Alan and a Baader Collimator (back ordered) on it's way from FLO!

I don't think these will affect the weather at the moment! haha

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest BigTfromNotts

Baader Laser Collimater Mark III from RVO.

Oh, I almost forgot:

I also got a Baader Mark III Hyperion Zoom 8-24mm eyepice. :)

Looking forward to playing with my new toys

Cheers

Tony

Flocking material has arrived B) just need to pluck up courage to use it now....

Next up is ADM Dual Saddle Upgrade seeing how my puck has self destructed :angry: